So due to a variety of other commitments (holidays, family circumstances etc.) work stopped for a number of weeks on Morris the caravan. This was the cause of much frustration as we are getting ever nearer our May 2013 deadline.
However, over the last two weekends, progress has been made. Last weekend,
we finally received our second batch of Sikaflex and were able to complete
the re-seal of the entire exterior. Finally I can now say that Morris is entirely
We made more visual progress this weekend though. We, today, managed to insert
the corner cupboard at the rear end of the van. We decided to add this before
completing the wallpapering due to fear of scratching the covering when adding
the woodwork, We were also concerned that we would be unable to determine the
location of the batons to screw the shelves into once the paper was up. Pete
therefore fixed the first one on today (my help mainly consisted of passing
tools whilst chatting on the phone to a friend!) and he then put a thin second
coat of specialist melamine cream paint onto the wood work (I obviously
couldn't do this as I have just had my nails done).
I did, however, add some silver tape to the trim on the cupboard doors to
So OK I admit it, not loads of progress, but enough to feel that we have
done something. We have decided to spend an entire day next weekend on Morris
so that we can add the remaining shelves and the paper. Will update
Thanks for reading!